We cook our food on site in our own kitchen through a company called ISS. Our school meals are carefully and skilfully prepared by our lovely kitchen team Vicky, Sue and Amna.
School meals cost £2.21 per day £11.05 per week.
Children in Upper Foundation Stage (Reception Class), Year 1 and Year 2 are all eligible to receive a free school meal as part of the government Universal Free School Meals scheme.
Children in any year group may also be eligible for a free school meal if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.