In Geography we inspire children to ask and answer questions about places, the human and physical processes that shape them and the people who live in them. Through Geography we are able to help pupils make sense of their surroundings and develops knowledge of places and environments throughout the world.
Through Geography our children will encounter different societies and cultures. This helps them to ‘think globally’, realise how nations rely on each other and can inspire them to think about their own place in the world and their responsibilities to the environment.
- Stimulate pupils' interest in and curiosity about their surroundings.
- Increase their knowledge and understanding of the changing world.
- Encourage pupils to ask questions and propose solutions to environmental problems.
- Develop pupils' competence in specific geographical skills.
- Develop children’s knowledge of places and environment throughout the world. This includes an understanding of the distinctive features that give a place its identity and the similarities and differences between places.
- Develop an understanding of maps and direction.
- Enhance children’s sense of responsibility as an individual and as part of a community for the care of and contribution to the local environment.
- Make children aware of the part that other people play in the making and shaping of environments around the world.
- Foster a sense of responsibility for the earth and its resources.
Click the following links to find out more about our geography curriculum.